All-Media Journalist I
Nature of Work
Cox Media Group Ohio has one of the most-advanced multi-platform newsrooms in the country (TV, Radio, Newspapers, and Digital) and is seeking a higher education reporter to fill a new role. The position requires someone proficient at investigative reporting who can produce work that accomplishes core needs for CMGO’s products in print, in digital, and broadcast. The reporter will cover local higher education institutions and important higher education topics, writing stories, taking video, producing audio and creating interactive content that drives digital engagement.
· Use research to tailor stories to fit the audience for print, TV, radio and digital.
· Investigate issues affecting institutions of higher education as well as the institutions themselves.
· Collaborate with WHIO-focused producers, work to create special reports and daily stories; some on-air work is expected.
· Work with digital-content staff to create story elements that uniquely engage the digital audience. This may include blogs.
· Use social media to engage the audience and drive people to your stories.
· Typical output will be multiple stories per week, including a regular presence on the front page of our newspapers and possible on-air presence.
· Reporter should be familiar and comfortable with standards for avoiding libel and slander.
· Ability to work in high-energy fast-paced environment
· Generally three years or less of comparable professional experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
· Work involves general reporting, writing, capturing visuals, editing, and social media.
· Varying degrees of proficiency in serving all platforms.
· Expected to develop story ideas and execute according to SAP/SOP and manager instructions.
· Work is expected to be accurate and complete according to set deadlines.
If you are interested, please apply at http://www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx
Use Job Code:
Cox Media Group Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer